- Safety (Flight, Ground, Personnel and Equipment)
- Quality ( Hardware and Software)
- Reliability (Hardware and Software)
- Maintainability (Hardware and Software?)
NASA Office or Division:
- Office of Safety and Mission Assurance
This standard applies to critical work, as defined by NPD 8730.5. Critical work is any task that if performed incorrectly or in violation of prescribed requirements poses a credible risk of loss of human life; serious injury; loss of a Class A, B, or C payload (see NPR 8705.4); loss of a Category 1 or Category 2 mission (see NPR 7120.5); or loss of a mission resource valued at greater than $2M (e.g., NASA space flight hardware, Government test or launch facility).
Download Current Revision: